Recently during our Prayer and Fasting time I heard someone say they simply wanted a closer walk with God. I truly believe God woke me with this message on Jan. 14, a Saturday morning. On this particular morning, my 3 month old daughter was also sick and I didn’t think I would remember it. I don’t believe in coincidences and finally know with all my soul that the enemy is out there to stop us at every green light we get. This is an effort to keep our foot on the gas pedal.
7 Days to a Closer Walk:
1. Count your blessings all day long.
2. Spend 10 minutes listening for God.
3. Read the Word every hour.
4. Turn off the TV and turn on the praise music.
5. Spend the day watching what comes out of your mouth. If it’s negative, consciously change it to a positive.
6. Pray for everyone you come into contact with: cashiers, family, the postman, the individual smoking on the corner, etc.
7. Spend some time in God’s creation.